The Greenville Drive is the Low-A Affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. They play at Fluor Field at the West End, located in downtown Greenville. The playing surface is a sand-based, 419 Tifway bermudagrass system that was fully constructed in 2005. The infield and foul territory turf was renovated following the 2012 season. Fluor Field was award 2012 Professional Baseball Field of the Year by STMA.
Fluor Field plays host to 70 Drive games as well as numerous other college and high school baseball games. It hosts the SOCON baseball tournament in May, and several special events from March to November. Currently slated for field renovation in 2018.
-Ensure that baseball fields are always in optimal condition for professional baseball events including daily infield maintenance alongside and in absence of Head Groundskeeper
- Assist in the oversight of the mowing, fertilizing, treating and maintenance of both the grass areas of the ballpark as well as the infield areas.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations with regards to the application of fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides.
- Ensure that the field is fully prepared and ready to use on game day – free from irregularities in all playing surfaces that may pose safety issues for the players.
- Assist in oversight of game day preparations of the field, ensuring appropriate precautions and actions are taken in the event of inclement weather conditions.
- Hire, train, and evaluate grounds keeping staff.
- Proficient in the use and troubleshooting of mowers, tractors, irrigation systems, fertilizer and chemical applicators, and other equipment used in maintaining the field.
- Implement field protection and oversight for on-field special events.
- 2-4 yr college degree, Horticulture, turfgrass management preferred.
- Previous sports turf management experience is preferred.
- Must be able to Lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be highly motivated and able to respond well under pressure.
- Able to maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.