7th Inning Stretch, headed by C.E.O. Tom Volpe and President Pat Filippone, is recognized as one of the leading sports ownership firms in the country. Currently, 7th Inning Stretch owns and operates the Stockton Ports, Single-A Affiliate of the Oakland A’s, in the California League, the Delmarva Shorebirds, Single-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles in the South Atlantic League and the Everett AquaSox, Single-A Short Season Affiliate of the Seattle Mariners in the Northwest League. The Delmarva Shorebirds play at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium located on the Delmarva Peninsula with a market that spans the states of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. 7th Inning stretch prides itself on building a stronger community, furthering the careers of its employees and creating a superior product both on and off the field.
Grounds and Stadium Operations Assistant
Start Date: February 28, 2018
This position will work under and report to the following department heads: Head Grounds Keeper. The Grounds and Stadium Operations Assistant will assist in the duties of the Grounds and Stadium Operations Departments.
- Assist with daily routine maintenance of the playing surface of Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
- Perform clay repairs on game mound, home plate, and bullpen mound areas.
- Mowing and edging of playing surface on a regular basis.
- Prepare and maintain infield skin and warning track areas.
- Set up and tear down of equipment and protective covering for early work, batting practice and infield.
- Painting of team logos and other specialty logos as needed.
- Painting or chalking home plate and foul lines.
- Assist with regularly scheduled fertilizer applications, aeration, topdressing, verti-cutting and sod repairs.
- Execute irrigation management schedule and repairs to irrigation system.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Assist with training and communication of duties to grounds game day staff members.
- Maintain records related to fertilization, pesticide and weather.
- Work with Heads Grounds Keeper, Stadium Operations Manager and Director of Business Development to successfully execute the numerous non-Shorebirds related events held at the stadium.
- As available and needed, assist Stadium Operations Manager with insuring Arthur W. Perdue Stadium is a clean, safe and well maintained facility throughout the season.
- It is preferred that applicants be currently enrolled or have recently completed a 2 or 4 year turf program or have previous turf management experience.
- Strong attention to the finest detail to insure the look and play ability of the field are exceeding expectations.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines on a routine basis.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills and writing skills.
Extended hours of work between the months of March to September. Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment. Ability to lift 50lbs.
Hourly paid position based on experience. This position is seasonal and runs from March – September