Food and Beverage: In Seat Service/Bar Manager Intern with Columbia Fireflies in Columbia · SC
- Assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations for 70 baseball games and special events (non-baseball games) at Segra Park
- Direct supervisor for approximately 50 employees
- Schedule employees
- Ensure employees have all the materials to perform the job to the best of their abilities
- Set up and ensure all locations are ready for event days
- Visit with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly communicates any opportunities to management
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Maintain the proper care of equipment
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and train other employees on Point of Sale systems
- Ensure guests have prompt and accurate service
- Ensure that management and alcohol guidelines are followed
- Ensure all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked
- Responsible for assisting with bussing and resetting server sections
- Monitor incoming orders for all full service seating sections
- Monitor operations of all bars
- Cashout associates following cash handling procedures; investigates “over and shorts” with servers
- Verify all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs; ability to walk, reach, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time; climb stairs as needed
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation (i.e. plaza set-up, box office ticket printing and preparation, souvenir store inventory and preparation, concessions preparation, etc.)
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
Please Note: It is not required but encouraged for interested individuals to live within commuting distance or have housing in the Columbia area beginning in January. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letter, resume, two references, and answers to the questions below to be considered for an interview.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing and able to work long hours including nights and holidays?
Are you willing and able to move to Columbia at your own expense, if necessary?
What qualifications and experiences of yours make you the ideal candidate for this internship?
Are you able to start full time in January of 2020?