Food and Beverage: Food and Beverage Manager Internship with Columbia Fireflies in Columbia · SC
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all aspects of day to day operations
- Assist in managing over 200 seasonal employees
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Maintain the proper care of equipment
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and train other employees on Point of Sale systems
- Assist with stocking and preparing concession stands and food carts for all games
- Help maintain cleanliness of stands to meet health code regulations
- Help control inventory, food costs and labor costs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time; climb stairs as needed
- Cash out associates following cash handling procedures; investigates “over and shorts” with servers and bartenders
- Assist with daily office operations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in stadium pre-game preparation (i.e. plaza set-up, box office ticket printing and preparation, souvenir store inventory and preparation, concessions preparation, etc.)
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing and able to work long hours including nights and holidays?
Are you willing and able to relocate to Columbia at your own expense, if necessary?
What qualifications and experience makes you an ideal candidate for this internship?
Are you able to start full time in January of 2020?