F and B In Seat Service Internship - Columbia Fireflies (Columbia · SC)
Columbia Fireflies jobs
Sports Jobs in Columbia · SC
Food and Beverage: Food/Beverage Management
About the Columbia Fireflies: The Columbia Fireflies are a part of Hardball Capital which also owns the Chattanooga Lookouts and the Fort Wayne TinCaps. The Fireflies began play in the spring of 2016 at Segra Park (formerly Spirit Communications Park) in Columbia, South Carolina. The Fireflies are in class A.
Program Description: The Fireflies internship position(s) will be open to college students and recent college graduates. Interns will be required to work all home games and regular non-game day office hours. Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience from one of the positions listed below. Hardball Capital believes in hiring from within; many of our current full-time staff members began as interns with one of our clubs. All internships will be provided with a monthly stipend of $1,000. The Fireflies are targeting February 14 as the intern start date. This date is fluid and may change as more information becomes available. If hired, your direct boss will be in touch with all updates regarding start date. Those requiring hours for graduation will hit all requirements despite the potential later start date.
- Assist in all aspects of food and beverage operations for all baseball games and
- special events (non-baseball games) at Segra Park
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all aspects of day-to-day operations
- Direct supervisor for approximately 40 employees
- Schedule Game Day employees and assist with payroll
- Ensure employees have all the materials to perform the job to the best of their abilities
- Set up and ensure all locations are ready for event days
- Visit with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly communicates any opportunities to management
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management and co-workers
- Maintain the proper care of equipment
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and train other employees on point-of-sale systems
- Ensure guests have prompt and accurate service
- Ensure that management and alcohol guidelines are followed
- Ensure all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks, and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked
- Responsible for assisting with bussing and resetting server sections
- Monitor incoming orders for all full-service seating sections
- Monitor operations of all bars
- Verify all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.; ability to walk, reach, stand, bend and stoop for long periods of time; climb stairs as needed
- Ensure all COVID-19 guidelines are enforced
- Assist in mascot appearances throughout the Midlands
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends.
- Assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation).
Please Note: It is not required but encouraged for interested individuals to live within commuting distance or have housing in the Columbia area beginning in January. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letter, resume, two references, and answers to the questions below to be considered for an interview.
*Housing is not provided*
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you able to relocate to Columbia at your own expense, if necessary?
Are you able to start Full Time by February of 2022?
Are you able to work extended hours outdoors in extreme heat when necessary?