Digital Media Internship - Columbia Fireflies (Columbia · SC)
Digital Media Internship:
- Will report to directly to, and work closely with, the Director of Marketing
- Be an active member of Marketing meetings and participate in brainstorm meetings regarding the promotion of all Fireflies games and events
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to assist with the management of current Fireflies social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
- Be an integral part of growing the Fireflies voice and brand through each account
- Grow the following and engagement numbers on each channel
- Participate in brainstorm meetings to generate content for all social channels
- Maintain and coordinate a social media content calendar
- Work closely in conjunction with the Graphic Designer to create graphics and other content for all social platforms
- Work closely with the Video Production Manager to create video content for all social channels. This may include, but is not limited to, game promotions or organic content.
- Includes the management of Mascot social media accounts
- Work closely in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and the Broadcast/Media Relations Manager to ensure timely and appropriate releases of all Fireflies’ media releases/news stories
- Work with team Department Heads to create social media campaigns for projects related to their departments
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to track, interpret and leverage analytics to guide strategic marketing decisions
- Includes utilizing and managing Fireflies Sprout account
- Tracking and comparing Fireflies social media analytics vs. other MiLB teams
- Work closely with the Marketing & Community Engagement Manager to create effect promotional social media campaigns and content for theme nights and other promotional elements
- Work closely with Marketing & Community Engagement Manager to promote community events and appearances
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & the Corporate Sales team to brainstorm and create engaging content for corporate partners
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to manager & utilize the FanCompass platform
- Required to participate in stadium pre-season preparation/cleanup which may include weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage all social media channels during Fireflies home games, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing to plan in-game content for each home game
- Includes capturing photo/video content of on-field promotions, fans, special events, etc. that are taking place during Fireflies home games. Requires coordination across multiple departments, including (but not limited to) marketing, food & beverage, corporate partnerships and ticketing
- Work with the video production department to pull player highlights in-game as needed
- Work with the Broadcast/Media Relations Manager to post line-ups, score updates, etc and to promote team related content and stories
- Ensure the execution of all gameday/in-game sponsored social content
- Required to participate in stadium pre-game preparation and assist other departments with pre-game preparation as needed
- Required to assist in putting the tarp on the field and taking it off (this will happen during the day, at night or early morning depending on the situation)
- Other duties as assigned
*Housing is not provided*
- Prior experience running a business, brand or team social media account
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work in team setting or individually (both will occur)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
Are you able to relocate at your own expense, if necessary?
Are you able to start Full Time by February of 2022?
Have you managed business, brand or team social media accounts before?
If yes, please provide the name of the account, link to the account and dates of when you ran the account.
Do you have experience creating graphics or editing videos? If yes and you have a portfolio link, please provide that here.
Do you have experience taking photos or video for professional/promotional purposes?