This position is a senior level ticket sales representative that will focus on generating revenue through full menu RiverDogs ticket sales products and maximize tickets sales through pipeline management, cold-calling, client development, customer service, and ownership of verticals and initiatives. This position reports to the Assistant General Manager and assists in the creation and implementation of strategies that will increase group sales revenue. In addition to managerial responsibilities, the focus will be generating business through individual sales efforts.
- Assist in training staff as it pertains to group sales
- Assist in creation of ticket sales inventory and packages
- Assist in group sales catalog on a yearly basis
- Assist in the development of ticket department’s group sales strategy
- Work with promotions to develop group theme nights that generate ticket revenue
- Assist in creating processes to ensure all group events are properly set-up and executed
- Provide weekly, monthly, and yearly reports to Assistant General Manager
- Help create and implement initiatives as they pertain to ticketing department
- Contribute positively to the culture of ticket sales department and lead by example
Individual Sales Contributor Duties
- Make outbound calls year-round to recruit new business and develop/retain existing business
- Sell ticket sales packages with the focus on hitting and surpassing annual sales goal
- Set meetings in- and out-of-office to develop and retain business
- Develop and execute ticket sales initiatives
- Set up group areas as needed for customers
- Assist box office in ticket operations as needed
- Perform managerial responsibilities within the sales department, including regular supervision and training of others
- Update CRM system and log daily activities
- Maintain personal and team-wide sales records
- Analyze target market and create plans for engagement
- Attend networking events representing Charleston RiverDogs
A qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of successful experience in ticket sales with a proven track record of success within Minor League Baseball or comparable entity. Prior sales management experience is preferred, but not required. A successful candidate should showcase excellent communication skills with the ability to have effective and frequent dialogue with prospects, clients, and account managers.
The desired candidate should also have a strong work ethic and be highly motivated to achieve sales goals. The ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays in an outdoor environment is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.