Group and Event Sales Intern (Starts in February) - Augusta GreenJackets (North Augusta · SC)
The GreenJackets will pay 100% for your housing in this role, we have special intern housing for you and other interns, and we cover all your expenses. Further, we provide you with a monthly stipend of $600 for your other expenses. In addition, you are eligible for commissions on any event product you sell.
- Make outside sales calls to groups in the community to sell group events during games.
- Meet with groups to plan their game events.
- Handle all the details of catering menus for game events.
- Sell a goal of in game events you have been assigned.
- Provide service to customers, and handle box office duties in games as assigned.
- Learn how to be a true sales rep, in order to build your career in a sports organization.
To be considered for the position:
- You must be able to start full-time on site in the role as of February 2022.
- You must be a recent college grad, or need this internship to graduate (either or).
- You must actually want to work in sales, and have a passion for it.
- You should have some kind of selling experience, retail, ticket sales all count.
- You must have an interest in being on phones, meeting with people and working your heart out, to both be successful, and learn how to create your own destiny in one of the key areas of any sport's related business.
- Candidates will not be considered unless they can answer all the answers to the questions in this application with proper answers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Can you start in this position in North Augusta, SC as of February 1, 2022?
You may be assigned to housing with a roommate of the opposite sex, is that acceptable?
Do you understand that this position will provide you with a monthly stipend and also pay your housing expenses as part of the program?
Why do you want to work in sales?
Tell us why you think you should be selected for this role as compared to other applicants.