Game Day Internship - Augusta GreenJackets (North Augusta · SC)
The program will begin in May for orientation and will conclude in August. Interns are expected to be present for all games they are scheduled for and will be paid minimum wage and we will work with you to receive school credit as needed. Although interns will not be scheduled to work 100% of the games, we are looking for qualified candidates that have open availability.
Game day report time is approximately 2 hours prior to first pitch (5:00PM for a standard 7:05PM game), and will be dismissed shortly after the game ends when all responsibilities are finished.
Game Day Interns are able to earn college credit.
- Assist in general game day setup including; giveaways, programs and sponsor tables
- Handle customer service inquires at front desk
- Mobile Ticket Ambassador
- Assist promo crew with on-field entertainment and escorting mascots
- Concierge for high profile clients, and unique ballpark experiences
- Lead Launch-A-Ball promotion sales throughout games
- Manage a food & beverage portable stand
- Assist the catering department with suites and hospitality areas
- Sell merchandise throughout ballpark
- Assist promo crew in handing out giveaways and exit distributions
- Opportunity to volunteer for special projects (Baseball camps, ballpark events, etc.)
- Other responsibilities related to game day operations as assigned by Front Office members
Students participating in the Program will be exposed to a professional working experience and will gain valuable information in the following categories:
- Hands-on sales experience
- The importance of event logistics and timing
- Executing marketing promotions
- Providing customer service & problem solving
- Working as a team to reach a goal
- Networking with professional staff
The deadline to apply is March 1, 2022. NO CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you able to start in May?
Do you understand this position pays minimum wage and you must be able to work the games you are scheduled for without reservation?
What year of college are you in?
Will you be needing a college credit for this internship?