DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the facility during and after events which include; picking up trash, cleaning restrooms, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, wiping down seats, refilling soap dispensers and other toiletries. Assist with game day setup and breakdown. Assist with maintaining facility. Assist in the scheduling and management of part-time housekeeping staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Help Manage a housekeeping staff consisting of 5-10 employees
· Assist in facility preparation for over 80 events.
· Aid in daily operations and maintenance of a 4,000 seat ballpark.
· Adhere to guidelines set forth for labor budget and facility expenditures.
· Safe operation of small engine equipment (leaf blower, string trimmers, etc.)
· Assist the Director of Stadium Operations concerning ballpark improvements, expenses, stadium incidents, employees, and special events.
· Assist with tarp pulls when weather requires the field to be covered
· Desire to deliver exceptional customer service
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: The Assistant Stadium Operations Manager assists in general facility operations and event management. The individual will work closely with the Director of Stadium Operations, General Manager and President of the Organization. Candidate must be available to work days and/or game nights that will include early morning, nights, weekends and holidays. Interested candidates must be available as facility needs dictate. Candidate should be enthusiastic and possess a positive attitude. Must be able to problem solve at times, have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, and extreme temperatures). Ability to stand for a majority of the scheduled shift, walk up and down stairs, and frequently able to lift or push 75 pounds. Knowledge of hand and power tools and their use helpful, but not mandatory. Individuals with Minor League Baseball experience (internship, etc) are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is designed for an individual who wants to start a career in the Stadium Operations side of Professional Sports.
This is a SEASONAL POSITION. The position will start in mid March and will run through September 7th, 2018. Although this is not an internship, the organization will work with individuals to receive internship hours with his or her respective university if applicable.
Compensation: Hourly wage, but individual will make approximately $1500 - $1700 per month.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER.