FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Full Time
Benefits: Eligible for Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
The Sacramento River Cats are seeking a highly motivated candidate to fill the role of Manager of Field Operations. Under the direction of the Director of Field Operations, this position is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance practices for the playing field. The incumbent will assist the performance of all field-related maintenance practices, including but not limited to: Infield skin, pitching mounds, home plate maintenance, timely fertility and cultural practices, game preparation techniques and short and long-term maintenance planning & budgeting. The incumbent will also assist with offseason planning and equipment maintenance.
Frequent supervision of the part-time staff.
- Supervise, schedule, mentor and train part-time game day staff.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the playing field that includes, but is not limited to turf (mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating, top-dressing, over-seeding, discovery/control of weeds, insects, and diseases) and soil (infield skin, baselines, home plate, pitcher’s mound, bullpens, warning track) management.
- Assisting to help manage and maintain the irrigation system.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excellent working condition.
- Assist in coordination and execution of infield tarp pulls.
- Track grounds department inventory (fungicides, pesticides, fertilizers, etc.).
- Assist in the planning and execution of non-River Cats related events that include but are not limited to: collegiate and high school baseball, concerts, graduations, corporate partner field days, winter events, etc.
- Assist Facilities Department with duties that include, but are not limited to, HVAC, painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, preventative maintenance and other projects during the winter months (Nov – Jan).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask in a stressful and ever-changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability and willingness to learn new techniques, skills, and practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Pesticide training must be complete within 30 days from the date of hire.
Education and Experience:
Two-year degree or equivalent experience preferably in Turfgrass Management and at least one year related experience in sports turf management, preferably baseball maintenance on a sand-based field.
- Prolonged periods standing, walking, stretching, bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to operate machinery and manage preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work up to 14 hours per day and up to 100 hours per week in outdoor weather conditions.
The Sacramento River Cats are seeking highly motivated individuals for part-time/seasonal basis work with the Grounds Crew. The incumbent will provide support to the Director of Field Operations at Sutter Health Park. The ideal candidate should be hard working, a self-starter, driven, flexible, detailed orientated, with dedication to the work at hand. This position will be required to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime.