The Sacramento River Cats are seeking highly motivated individuals for part-time/seasonal basis work with the Grounds Crew. The incumbent will provide support to the Director of Field Operations at Sutter Health Park. The ideal candidate should be hard working, a self-starter, driven, flexible, detailed orientated, with dedication to the work at hand. This position will be required to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime.
• Provide support to the Director, Field Operations at Sutter Health Park in all aspects of daily field operations and maintenance for high school, college, and River Cat’s baseball games including but not limited to infield clay work, mound/home plate repair, tarp pulls, raking, use of small machines, batting practice both set-up and breakdown and pre/post game preparation and repair.
• Assist in all field operation set up and breakdown for concerts, special events, and field transitions for other sports.
• Rake debris from warning track.
• Sweep edges of turf grass to keep free of material.
• Prep/repair mound and home plate following a game.
• Hand water turf as needed.
• Pull tarp as weather dictates.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Required Skills/Abilities:
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work within a team and independently.
• Ability to work efficiently and thoroughly.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
• On-the-job training offered.
• Prolonged periods standing, walking, stretching, bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, and pulling.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Must be able to operate machinery and manage preventative maintenance for all equipment.
• Must be able to work outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer. The Sacramento River Cats does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you have a reliable method of getting to work?
Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
Have you previously worked for the Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC/Sutter Health Park (formerly known as Raley Field)?
Are you over the age of 18 years ? (If no, you may be required to provide authorization to work.)
Are you available to work evenings, weekends and holidays?