This incumbent is responsible for demonstrating, building and enforcing best practices for all projects and functions within the facility; programming/coordinating inspection and repairs of electrical and mechanical systems; coordinating and supervising outside tradesmen. The ideal individual must be the first line of defense for all facility repairs. They must be capable with minor electrical, plumbing, and HVAC repair work. Technical proficiency is essential qualifications for this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be knowledgeable of, implement and manage operating and maintenance policies/procedures consistent with all applicable laws, codes, ordinances, safety precautions, and emergency procedures.
• Plans and executes preventive maintenance, engineering and other improvement projects.
• Must be knowledgeable and proficient with general carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC repair work.
• Perform maintenance and repair of facility doors, hardware, millwork/carpentry, seats, furniture, rails, staging, fixtures, locksmith, painting and associated equipment.
• Develops an emergency action plan for system malfunctions or breakdowns; develops corrective actions and solutions.
• Support the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Oversee and provide proper control of inventories of supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
• Schedule all aspects of plant maintenance and engineering, ensure proper operation of all systems including, but not limited to; building automation systems, electrical systems and plumbing.
• Assist with and make recommendations to improve the Emergency Response Program.
• Assist with PT staff during event days as needed for stadium operations.
• Provides safety training for staff; reinforces the use of proper skills and safety practices.
• Assist with the IIPP: Injury, Illness Prevention Program and be a member of the Safety Committee.
• In conjunction with the Director of Stadium Operations and stadium operations personnel, assists in the coordination and monitoring of outside contractors and work related to major building systems.
• Develop, Implement, and monitor cost saving strategies and annual department budget with the Director of Stadium Operations.
• Partners with Director of Stadium Operations to plan, monitor and ensure that all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed in daily work routines for all department staff.
• Act as a leader and set a positive tone in order to mentor and develop staff to deliver world class service in all aspects of the operation that exceeds expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A thorough knowledge of all building systems such as Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Fire protection, Building Energy Management Systems, electrical codes, OSHA regulations, and safe working techniques.
• Proven ability to plan and schedule maintenance work and direct skilled tradespersons and technicians in the performance of their duties.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organization, interpersonal and time management skills.
• Basic proficiency in use of computer (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma.
• HVAC & Electrical certification preferred.
• Preferred 3 to 5 years’ experience as a skilled technician in one or more of the following: carpentry, electrical, mechanical, HVAC maintenance, and plumbing.
• Previous experience in large, multiuse entertainment facility preferred.
• Prolonged periods standing and walking.
• Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• Must be able to bend, lift, twist, climb, walk up and down stairs, stoop and kneel.
• Must be able to work in incremental weather.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer. The Sacramento River Cats does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.