“A welcomed guest in every seat; a treasured memory for ever guest.” That’s our vision. We believe that the best way to welcome our guests and to make sure they leave with a treasured memory is to hire and train great people and empower them to put the guest first. It all starts at the top with our leadership putting employees first and providing them with the training and tools they need to be successful.
The Director of Operations for Food and Beverage will be expected to hire, train, and lead the food and beverage team for all Sutter Health Park events that include River Cats baseball games, concerts, festivals, graduations, and various other live events. In a typical year, Sutter Health Park will host 75 home baseball games, 10 – 20 full facility major events, and another 25+ smaller catering events.
We believe it all starts with having the right people, providing them with superior training and great products, and the fun, success, and financial results will be sure to follow.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and develops Concessions Manager, Executive Chef, Premium Manager, Warehouse, and other foodservice employees.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
• Create hiring, training, and staff recognition/reward standard operating procedures.
• Direct, train, and develop food service staff to deliver world class service in all aspects of the operation that exceeds expectations of our guests, clients and partners.
• Coordinate with clients all food service activities, including disposition and resolution of problems.
• Assist Senior Management in developing, interpreting and implementing company policies.
• Ensure employee compliance with established company policies and best practices.
• Conduct operations studies to clarify and correct procedural problems.
• Assist in reviewing the feasibility of new or revised operating systems and procedures.
• Ensure license agreements are returned properly signed and credit applications are completed and returned in advance.
• Prepare and manage budgets and forecast revenue based on confirmed bookings and potential sales.
• Coordinate menus, pricing, and culinary aesthetics with executive chef.
• Work with vendors and partners to establish relevant food and beverage offerings (ex. Local craft beer, on-trend food items, popular cocktails, etc.).
• Work with Corporate Partnership department to ensure we meet and exceed the expectations of vendor partnerships.
• Attend events or meetings to ensure client’s needs are met.
• Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen, warehouse, storefronts, picnic areas, pantries, portables, bars, and other culinary areas.
• Ensure that the stadium food operations both internally and externally is ready for games and all other Sutter Health Park events and that it is presentable year-round for ballpark visitors.
• Minimize legal liability and conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority.
• Establish and meet budgetary guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
• Coordinate with all departments by attending staff meetings.
• Maintain records and files.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• Must be able to prioritize and multi task.
• Must have the ability to communicate verbally and electronically in a professional manner.
• Must understand point of sales systems and inventory management best practices.
• Must be able to develop and manage budgets and forecasts through use of spreadsheets and technology.
• Must give direction and lead a team of people.
• Must be able to work extended or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to communicate in writing.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Previous experience managing and overseeing food and beverage at a ballpark, stadium or some type of entertainment facility required.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
• Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer. The Sacramento River Cats does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
Have you previously worked for the Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC/Sutter Health Park (formerly known as Raley Field)?
Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
Do you have experience working in the sports industry? If so, please list where.