• Receives orders from patrons.
• Prepares and serves liquor, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and nonalcoholic drinks as ordered.
• Ensures that fruit and other garnishes are prepared ahead of the opening of the bar.
• Maintains the bar and keeps it clean and organized.
• Attractively displays glasses and liquor bottles.
• Ensures that customers are of legal drinking age by checking photo IDs.
• Collects payment from customers for drinks prepared and served.
• Uses proper judgment and, when necessary, refuses service to patrons who are intoxicated or disruptive.
• Conform to the regulations of the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control). (Steve, is this part of something that is covered in the alcohol awareness training).
• Implements and enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of bar areas.
• Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
• Basic knowledge of drink preparation or service.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on serving customers.
• Ability to remain calm when dealing with unruly and argumentative patrons.
• Ability to learn cash register software used by bar or restaurant.
• Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• At least one year of experience preferred.
• Must have alcohol awareness training.
• On-the-job training provided.
• Must have ability to remain stationary for long periods of up to four (4) hours in length.
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be legal drinking age or older.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer. The Sacramento River Cats does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you available to work evenings, weekends and holidays?
Are you over the age of 18 years ? (If no, you may be required to provide authorization to work.)
Have you previously worked for the Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC/Sutter Health Park (formerly known as Raley Field)?
Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
Do you have a reliable method of getting to work?