The Aberdeen IronBirds, ‘Class-A’ short-season affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, members of the New York-Penn League and owned by Cal Ripken, Jr. and his brother Bill seek to fill an opening for an Account Executive, Ticket Sales within the club’s competitive ticket sales department. The Account Executive will play a vital sales role responsible for selling all ticket products including season seat memberships, group experiences, and premium hospitality. The Account Executive will work in a fast-paced environment focused on prospecting and selling new business accounts. The successful candidate will achieve his or her goals by prospecting, territory canvasing, networking, making cold calls, scheduling face-to-face appointments and providing ballpark tours.
- Surpass a minimum of 100 sales calls per day to market and sell season seat memberships, group experiences and premium hospitality
- Schedule a minimum of twelve (12) face-to-face sales meetings per week
- Build and manage a sales pipeline to meet and exceed the department’s weekly, monthly, and annual goals
- Constantly build relationships with prospective clients and existing sales accounts
- Provide unsurpassed customer service
- Provide proper reporting within Score CRM and ProVenue ticketing system
- Minor League Baseball Responsibilities, including but not limited to, pulling tarp, moving furniture, mascot performing at ticketing-related events, non-gameday season seat member events, public team appearances, and more.
- Bachelor's degree is required (Sports Management, marketing or related field)
- Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year previous sales experience
- Previous experience in scheduling and attending meetings with senior-level executives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work all IronBirds home games including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
The Aberdeen IronBirds are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.