Responsible for running children’s baseball day-camps and assisting with all phases of camp operations on the 11-week Ripken Baseball Academy Chevy Tour.
- Absorb training quickly and demonstrate the initiative, desire, and drive to help uphold the values established by the Ripken name and brand
- Gain a thorough understanding of the operations processes that take place to facilitate camps
- Work with Ripken staff to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently while providing a once in a lifetime experience for participants
- Create and facilitate a fun, dynamic atmosphere for kids, developing camaraderie and acting as a positive role model
- Divide the sport-specific areas (hitting, pitching, and fielding), grouping tasks, and coordinating resources
- Aid in setting up and breaking down baseball equipment at the start or end of each day as needed
- Convey and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times while providing extraordinary customer service
- Prior work experience in customer service environment
- Prior Baseball experience with strong understanding of fundamentals
- Passion for sports; interest in coaching
- An outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skills, strong initiative, and high level of energy
- Strong detail-orientation, with ability to problem-solve
- Some experience in working with kids, exhibiting the ability to be patient and understanding
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to be on the road traveling to 20 cities in the Southeastern US non-stop from March through June
- Prior coaching experience
- Childcare, safety, and/or CPR training
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
- Required to lift up to 70 lbs.
- May be exposed to dust/dirt and extreme heat
- Required to run, throw and catch baseballs, keeping up with kids ages 4-15.