The Aberdeen IronBirds are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, operating in owners Bill and Cal Ripken, Jr.'s home town. Recently elevated to a full-season club, the IronBirds are excited to offer career opportunities for new or experienced sports professionals.
The Account Executive is a self-motivated individual that takes pride in relationship building and has an affinity for working with people to generate group and season ticket revenue. This full time salary position will offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to earn commission while building their book of business and experience in the full menu of full and partial season ticket plans, group experiences, and hospitality (suites and party areas).
ROLE AND DUTIES:
- Prospect for new leads for ticket package and group outing sales opportunities within and around the Harford County community
- Meet or exceed expected sales volume in both revenue and activities related to sales
- Set and keep appointments with prospective clients, make proposals for ticket sales opportunities, and close contracts in an entrepreneurial role within our company
- Utilize the IronBirds' database of 20 years of previous customers to renew or revitalize past opportunities with customers
- Coordinate hospitality needs for customers with Operations and Catering departments
- Fulfill gameday responsibilities for customers including seat visits, group visits, premium experiences like first pitches, on-field games, and more
- Actively promote the IronBirds within the community through networking, promotional community events, and business meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Ticket Sales Director or club management
- A desire to make an immediate impact within a prestigious sports organization known for customer service excellence
- A bachelor's degree in Sports Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Exceptional dedication to effective and timely communication and organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Desire and willingness to work and thrive in a full season of professional baseball games, including nights and weekends from April through September and select off-season events
The IronBirds are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.