The WV Miners are a summer collegiate baseball team in the Prospect League which provides collegiate players the opportunity to play competitively in a wood-bat league during the summer months in front of professional scouts, while also providing the local community with an affordable summer entertainment destination everyone can enjoy. The Miners play at beautiful Linda K. Epling Field in Beckley, West Virginia. The stadium includes stadium lights, team offices, concessions and video scoreboard.
The West Virginia Miners are committed to providing a quality educational experience through our seasonal internship program. Internships will provide you with the necessary tools to help you advance in the field of sports management and become a sought after member of the sports business world. The Miners’ environment will provide the perfect laboratory for students in all aspects of sports to receive an integrated learning experience. No other learning experience provides the diversity and magnitude of possibilities. Although there is no job with the WV Miners guaranteed following completion of the internship, the educational experience will be invaluable moving forward as you enter the sports business field. Students who intern with the WV Miners immediately become part of the game day staff, learning the different aspects of stadium operations, fan assistance, ticket sales and marketing in a fast-paced environment.
Skills that will be enhanced by the Miners program include:
* Sales and Marketing
* Media Relations
* Data Analysis
* Game day promotions
* Community Relations
An emphasis will be placed on students seeking internships for an excellent educational experience. Therefore, it is preferred if students have achieved excellent academic achievement and would be receiving college credit for the internship experience.
The WV Miners will provide each intern with evaluations in accordance with their respective school’s requirements.
Available Internship Emphasis:
While student interns will be involved all aspect of team and stadium operations, we are seeking one individuals for market/media specialist focused experience that will provide you the opportunity to learn and develop your marketing and communication skills, writing and presentation skills and organizational skills.
This internship is only available for college-level students, both undergrad and graduate, who are looking for COLLEGE CREDIT INTERNSHIP and a STIPEND OF $750. Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
* Ability to work a maximum of 30 hours per week starting approximately May 23 through approximately August 12
* Ability to take photos and video of games and events at the Miners Stadium
* Attend promotional events that are related to the Miners
* Ability to learn and operate sound system/scoreboard
* Ability to assist with the creation and execution of Miners graphic design needs
* Ability to assist with the creation and posting of content and accuracy of information on Miners website.
* Ability to assist with the creation and posting of content on the Miners social media accounts.
* Help with game day promotions
* Others duties as assigned by Miners staff
* Have a positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
* Has the ability to meet deadlines
* Needs to be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and potential holidays
* Succeed in a team environment
* Multi-task and effectively problem solve
* Some heavy lifting may apply
* Understands the game of baseball
Some items to consider…
We are looking for interns that are able to work the entire summer and commit to all home games and time in the office depending on the internship responsibilities. We will provide housing and you are required to provide reliable transportation to and from the field.
Does this sound like the right internship opportunity for you? If so, apply and we’ll get going on the conversation right away. We won’t wait. We won’t string you along. We’ll tell you right away if you’ve got what it takes to join our family for the summer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.