The WV Miners are a summer collegiate baseball team in the Prospect League which provides collegiate players the opportunity to play competitively in a wood-bat league during the summer months in front of professional scouts, while also providing the local community with an affordable summer entertainment destination everyone can enjoy. The Miners play at beautiful Linda K. Epling Field in Beckley, West Virginia. The stadium includes stadium lights, team offices, concessions and video scoreboard.
The West Virginia Miners are committed to providing a quality educational experience through our seasonal internship program. Internships will provide you with the necessary tools to help you advance in the field of sports management and become a sought after member of the sports business world. The Miners’ environment will provide the perfect setting for students in all aspects of sports to receive an integrated learning experience. No other learning experience provides the diversity and magnitude of possibilities. Although there is no job with the WV Miners guaranteed following completion of the internship, the educational experience will be invaluable moving forward as you enter the sports business field. Students who intern with the WV Miners immediately become part of the game day staff, learning the different aspects of stadium operations, fan assistance, ticket sales and marketing in a fast-paced environment.
Skills that will be enhanced by the Miners program include:
* Sales and Marketing
* Media Relations
* Data Analysis
* Game day promotions
* Food and Beverage Operations
* Community Relations
An emphasis will be placed on students seeking internships for an excellent educational experience. Therefore, it is preferred if students have achieved excellent academic achievement and would be receiving college credit for the internship experience.
The WV Miners will provide each intern with evaluations in accordance with their respective school’s requirements.
Available Internship Emphasis:
While student interns will be involved all aspect of team and stadium operations, we are seeking two individuals for a game entertainment focused experience that will provide you the opportunity to learn and develop your communication, marketing, game presentation, customer service and organizational skills.
This internship is only available for college-level students, both undergrad and graduate, who are looking for COLLEGE CREDIT INTERNSHIP and a STIPEND of $75. Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
* Ability to work a maximum of 30 hours per week starting approximately May 23rd through approximately August 12th
* Ability to assist the Manager of Game Presentation in the delivery of an entertainment experience for the audience through the delivery of content as outlined in the game scripting.
* Organize pregame batboys and oversee their duties
* Ability to assist with the execution of all in-game events / contests, between inning promotions, pre-game ceremonies, etc.
The Game Presentation Interns will –
* Become thoroughly knowledgeable with all game elements and be able to improvise as necessary.
* Rehearse as necessary any game contests and presentations so that these activities are properly delivered to the audience.
* Participates in production call immediately prior to doors open.
* Assist in other areas as needed
* Have a positive attitude and provide a strong effort to succeed
* Has the ability to meet deadlines
* Needs to be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and potential holidays
* Succeed in a team environment
* Multi-task and effectively problem solve
* Some heavy lifting may apply
* Understands the game of baseball
Some items to consider…
We are looking for interns that are able to work the entire summer and commit to all home games and time in the office depending on the internship responsibilities. We will provide your housing and you are required to provide reliable transportation to and from the ballpark.
Does this sound like the right internship opportunity for you? If so, apply and we’ll get going on the conversation right away. We won’t wait. We won’t string you along. We’ll tell you right away if you’ve got what it takes to join our family for the summer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.