SALES & OFFICE ADMINISTRATION INTERN
The Quincy Gems are a collegiate summer league baseball team located in Quincy, IL, and a founding member of the Prospect League. The Gems will play their 27th season at historic QU Stadium in 2023. We are looking for the next industry superstar to join us during the build-up to the 2023 season.
What to expect:
- High-quality training and supervision from an energized and experienced full-time staff
- Career guidance and coaching from upper-management
- Freedom to be creative and develop as a professional in the sports industry
- Experience in customer service, sales, marketing, office administration and much more
What we expect from you:
- Desire to learn and grow
- Willingness to be challenged and step outside of your comfort zone
- Energy and enthusiasm when engaging with our fans
- Punctuality and dependability
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative
What you'll be doing:
- Cold-calling previous single-game ticket buyers with the objective of discussing Gems season ticket packages and securing commitments for the 2023 season
- Inputting fan information into a spreadsheet and keeping a detailed track of all interactions
- Assisting Front Office staff with marketing and social media efforts leading up to the new season
- Creating email newsletter templates to be sent out through MailChimp to all Gems partners and fans
- Assisting with the creation of sales invoices
- Taking inventory of all incoming apparel, team equipment, signage, promotional items, etc.
- Answering inbound fan inquiries by both phone and email
- Other duties, as assigned by management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs – including Microsoft Office and OneDrive – required
- Familiarity with MailChimp, Canva and/or other photo/video editing and graphic design software preferred, but not required
- Previous experience working in an office environment preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of sitting at a desk
- Ability to commit to a predetermined part- or full-time schedule, depending on availability
This internship will run from mid-January until late-April. Exact start/end dates dependent upon successful candidate’s availability. Should there be mutual interest, the opportunity to transition into an in-season internship (mid-May to early August) may be discussed.
Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. While this is an unpaid internship, opportunities may arise during the course of the program to earn money for additional (voluntary) tasks outside of this job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law