The Quincy Gems are a founding member of the Prospect League, a collegiate summer league baseball team located in Quincy, IL. The Gems will play their 26th season at historic QU Stadium in 2022. We are looking for the next industry superstars to join us for the Summer 2022 season.
What to expect:
- High-quality training and supervision from an energized and experienced full-time staff
- Career guidance and coaching from upper-management
- Freedom to be creative and develop as a professional in the sports industry
- Experience in stadium operations, management, customer service, sales, and much more
What we expect from you:
- Desire to learn and grow
- Willingness to be challenged and step outside of your comfort zone
- Energy and enthusiasm when engaging with our fans
- Punctuality and dependability
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative
What you'll be doing:
Leading a team of Operations interns to complete a variety of stadium operations tasks, including ticket-taking, guest relations, security, giveaway distribution, stadium cleanup, basic stadium maintenance and more
- Serving as an in-stadium point of contact for any and all fan questions
- Supporting Fun Crew/Stadium Emcee intern with their tasks, when necessary
- Other tasks, as assigned
*All staff are required to help with various stadium set-up/breakdown tasks before and after the season
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Management/leadership experience preferred, but not required
- Customer service experience preferred, but not required
- Competence with basic tools preferred, but not required
- First Aid experience preferred, but not required
- Outgoing, confident personality strongly preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Our internship program will run from mid-May until early August. Exact start/end dates dependent upon game schedule and potential postseason berth.
Applicants should pursue college credit from their academic institution. While this is an unpaid internship, opportunities may arise during the course of the program to earn money for additional (voluntary) tasks outside of this job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.