The Normal CornBelters Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, are seeking Sports Management Interns for the 2022 Summer season. Play 9 Sports is the parent company of the Normal CornBelters. Play 9 Sports is sports management group that oversees multiple Prospect League teams and runs tournaments throughout the United States. Roles will be assigned based on the individual's experience and ability following an interview process to determine the best fit within the organization.
The CornBelters and Play 9 Sports are offering an overall Sports Management Internship to help you get a good grasp for what working in sports entails. You will receive training in Ticket Sales, Stadium Operations, and Marketing. This will ensure that you receive the basic training and understanding of what life in the professional sports world looks like.
2022 Internship Roles
- Facility Operations / Special Events Staff
- Sales Representative (Box Office, Individual Sales, Group Sales, Corporate Sales, Sponsorship Support)
- Public/Community Relations & Communications
- Digital & Social Media
- Street Team/Fun Crew
- Video Board Operator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Game Day / Front Office operations and provide a quality experience for ALL guests at our ballpark.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts and overall customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the planning and execution of season and corporate ticket holder events, benefits, information sessions, and call campaigns.
- Assist with the planning and execution of team and community events while serving as a representative of the CornBelters.
- Assess and research market competition in order to develop accurate and influential marketing plans.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including content development and management.
- Set up and breakdown of The Corn Crib before and after games or events.
- Provide support and assistance within your assigned department.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to recognize tasks and complete them in a timely matter.
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Strong customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For more information or inital questions, please contact Gavin Legett at [email protected]