The Normal CornBelters Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, is seeking sales interns for the 2022 summer season. Play 9 Sports is the parent company of the Normal CornBelters. Play 9 Sports is a sports management group that oversees multiple Prospect League teams and runs tournaments throughout the United States. Roles will be assigned based on the individual's experience and ability following an interview process to determine the best fit within the organization.
2023 Internship Roles
- Group Sales - Assist with the prospecting, selling, closing and planning of group outings.
- Ticket Sales - Lead in the presentation and closing of sales opportunities through ticket package and individual event offerings.
- Sponsorship Support - Assist in the execution of corporate partnership contracts.
- Box Office - Provide support within the CornBelters / Play 9 Sports Box Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reporting information by maintaining and being able to produce on a regular basis accurate reports of call volume, sales and account maintenance.
- Assist with the planning and execution of season and corporate ticket holder events, benefits, information sessions, and call campaigns.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts, and sales performance.
- Oversee execution of the client amenities and services to optimize client experience, satisfaction, maximize sales profitability and enhance retention efforts.
- Interact with other Normal CornBelters / Play 9 Sports departments to provide a cooperative, client-oriented focus for all ticket related operations.
- Identify sales opportunities through networking and outreach within the local market.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Drive programs.
- Self-starter who is motivated to build new programs and exceed expectations.
- Strong customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
- This is an unpaid position. Interns are eligible to earn college credit, as well as consideration for future placement in part-time and full-time positions with the CornBelters and/or Play 9 Sports.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.