JOHNSTOWN MILL RATS – INTERNSHIPS – SUMMER 2022
FOCUS: FACILITY OPERATIONS
The Johnstown (PA) Mill Rats are a summer collegiate baseball team in the Prospect League which provides collegiate players the opportunity to play competitively in a wood-bat league during the summer months in front of professional scouts, while also providing the local community with an affordable summer entertainment destination everyone can enjoy.
The Mill Rats play at The Point Stadium which is in the process of $1 million + in stadium upgrades including new turf, stadium lights, team offices, concessions and video scoreboard.
The Mill Rats organization has developed an intensive internship program that prepares its participants for a career in sports. Students who intern with the Johnstown Mill Rats immediately become part of the game day staff, learning the different aspects of stadium operations, fan assistance, ticket sales and marketing in a fast-paced environment. We help our interns succeed in their educational and career objectives by preparing for and learning from actual situations our staff encounters at the ballpark which are discussed and experienced daily.
While student interns will be involved all aspect of team and stadium operations, we are seeking two individuals for a facility operations focused experience that will provide you the opportunity to learn and develop your management, food and beverage operations, facility maintenance, communication, customer service and organizational skills.
This internship is only available for college-level students, both undergrad and graduate, who are looking for an UNPAID COLLEGE CREDIT INTERNSHIP. Here's what we're looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Ability to work a maximum of 30 hours per week starting approximately May 1 through approximately August 15
- Ability to assist with the execution of the food and beverage operation for the Mill Rats at Point Stadium
- Ability to assist with the scheduling and supervision of all food and beverage employees.
- Ability to assist with the facility operational set up of the stadium on game day.
- Ability to learn and assist with the point of sale system including inventory control and running reports.
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable team resource and point of contact for hourly stadium operations employees with respect to food service, customer service, cleaning and maintenance issues.
The Johnstown Mill Rats are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.