Thank you for your interest in an internship with the Marion Baseball Team. It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the sports industry, beginning with Summer Collegiate Baseball. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Our internships are a great learning opportunity where previous experience is not always necessary. We want you to be an important piece in delivering an unforgetable experience for each fan that walks through our gates.
As a Promotions & marketing intern your main obligations will include working next to the Director of Promotions to plan, execute, and promote an enjoyable and one-of-a-kind fan experience every time a guest walks through the gates. Responsibilities include creating master gameday scripts utilized by PA announcer, production and entertainment staff for all events at Rent One Park. You will also interact with fans on a daily basis, take part in planning and executing on-field promotional games, working with sponsors, and our social media pages.
Promotions & Marketing interns receive a $500/mo stipend for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games as well as play key roles in executing special events taking place at Rent One Park. Days off are granted throughout the season to help alleviate the challenging schedule.
If a career in sports is what you desire, an internship with a sports team can be a great benefit. Not only is it an important step professionally, but it’s also a great way to build relationships and network in a fun, fast paced and exciting environment. Our hope is that our interns use their experience with the Marion Baseball Team to go on to bigger and better things internally, with another team or in a desired field of interest.
- Assist Director of Promotions in the development of 2023 promotional nights
- Develop and execute social media and other marketing strategies
- Outreach to local businesses in building community connection and engagement
- Assist Director of Promotions in merchandise design and purchasing
- Work hand-in-hand with team Entertainment staff and Mascot(s)
- In conjunction with sponsorship sales, develop in-game promotional events
- Provide customer service that enhances the fan experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong customer service skills and ability to professionally interact with fans.
- Experience with proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while staying organized.
- Problem solving and conflict management.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. and stand or walk for long periods of time in adverse weather including rain and heat
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.