Thank you for your interest in an internship with the Marion Baseball Team. It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the sports industry, beginning with Summer Collegiate Baseball. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Our internships are a great learning opportunity where previous experience is not always necessary.
As a Production Intern, you will work hand-in-hand with our Director of Production in creating a unique fan atmosphere through the use of our Videoboard, Soundboard, and Prospect League TV (PLTV). Skills preferred, but not all required are Graphic Design, Photo/Video Editing, Technical Directing, Replay Operations, and Camera Operations and setup.
Full-Time Production interns receive a TBD salary for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games as well as play key roles in executing special events taking place at Rent One Park. Days off are granted throughout the season to help alleviate the challenging schedule.
If a career in sports is what you desire, an internship with a sports team can be a great benefit. Not only is it an important step professionally, but it’s also a great way to build relationships and network in a fun, fast paced and exciting environment. Our hope for our inters is that they use their experience with the Marion Baseball Team to go on to bigger and better things internally, with another team or in a desired field of interest.
- Produce and direct the video webcast for each home game
- Manage camera operators and camera director; including training as needed
- Create postgame highlight package for every home game on YouTube and other social media channels
- Must be knowledgeable with editing software such as Adobe Suite and other video software (such as YouTube and Wirecast)
- Collaborate with Promotions Department to create creative/unique video content to be used on the team’s website, videoboard, and social media accounts
- Create commercials to be used for marketing and in-game use
- Responsible for setup and takedown of video equipment each game day
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and maintain all video production equipment
- Meet or exceed Prospect League video production standards
- Will be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
- Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects is preferred, but not required. Previous experience in either of these will improve your standing (a sample of video editing may be asked for)
- Must be a creative thinker with the ability to think of new, fun ideas to improve the fan experience through video
- Creative mind set with the ability to think quickly
- Excellent communication skill
- Upbeat and fun personality
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.