CLINTON LUMBER KINGS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUB
Member of the Prospect League
P.O. Box 1295 · 537 Ball Park Drive · Clinton, Iowa 52732 · (563) 242-0727 · www.lumberkings.com
-Reports directly to General Manager-
FACILITY: Home to Clinton LumberKings baseball team in Clinton, Iowa. The LumberKings are a member of the Prospect League. Prior to the 2021 season, the infield skinned area was laser-graded. The field is a sand-based short cut Kentucky bluegrass with a Hunter irrigation system.
Including – but not limited to – the following activities:
- Manage the playing surface by mowing, edging and fertilizing grassed playing surface areas, maintenance of the skinned surfaces, repair game mound and home plate along with bullpen mounds, tarping, top dressing of field, disease diagnosis, and aerating the field.
- Maintain a safe playing surface for the players, coaches, and umpires. Abide by MLB, Prospect League and NCAA official playing rules as it pertains to field preparation, field layout and design and other rules / regulations.
- Set irrigation programs to run and water the field, fixing any breaks or leaks in the irrigation system.
- Maintain grassed areas outside the playing surface – yet inside the confines of the stadium. Maintain a professional look of these areas by mowing, trimming and edging grassed areas. Spray weeds in or around the stadium when necessary.
- Maintain indoor mounds and keep batting cages clean for year round use
- Prepare field for games and batting practice through discussions with coaching staff for setup / tear down. Maintain the field before and after games. Prepare field for any high school or college games and any other events held on the field.
- Supervise and schedule game day staff. Train staff to properly use and maintain equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist in overall operation of ballclub – assisting other staff members when needed.
- 2 or 4 year degree in horticulture, turf grass science, or related field or comparable experience in the turf industry.
- Must be able to work and communicate well with others including: front office staff, coaching staffs, players, and umpires
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and holidays for LumberKings games and non-LumberKings events including: high school and college baseball games and any off-day stadium events.
START DATE: To be determined
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be based on experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.