The Normal CornBelters Baseball Team, a member of the Prospect League, are seeking Marketing & Communications Interns for the 2022 season. Roles will be assigned based on the individual's experience and ability following an interview process to determine the best fit within the organization. The Marketing and Communications internship this year will look a little different as we are combining the existing Marketing and Communications program with our Community Relations and Fan Engagement Internship.
2022 Internship Roles
Public Relations & Communications: Manage day to day duties to connect our organization with the local public and media outlets via press releases and feature stories.
Digital & Social Media: Assist with the creation, management, and execution of social media and newsletter campaigns. Plan interactive videos and posts with mascot and athletes to connect with fans.
Community Relations: Assist with the planning and execution of community programs and events (including set-up and tear-down of display booths), hand out promotional materials, and data collection. Executing all community appearances to include interaction of players and mascot.
Street Team: Promote the CornBelters by distributing marketing materials.
Fun Crew: (Game Days) Engage fans during games through t-shirt tosses, the kids corner activity area, and on-field promotions. Maintain in-game props and mascot costume.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and execution of team and community events while serving as a representative of the CornBelters.
- Assess and research market competition in order to develop accurate and influential marketing plans.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including content development and management.
- Ensure an effective and professional image to customers and present an accurate portrayal of business strategies across all social media platforms.
- Participate as a team member through meetings and offer support to other team members to maximize customer service, retention efforts, and sales performance.
- Interact with other CornBelters departments to provide a cooperative, client-oriented focus for all fan engagement and ticket sales related operations.
- Analyze the effectiveness of online campaigns by collecting data and producing reports.
- Identify sales opportunities through networking and outreach within the local market.
- Distribute team marketing and sales materials.
- Prepare accurate weekly reports and analysis for executive team management; be able to communicate details about upcoming events and opportunities within the community. Perform game/event requirements and other projects as requested.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills and a self-starter with a creative mind.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, YouTube, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills that showcase a positive and enthusiastic approach to customers so as to convey a positive image and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Previous experience in writing press releases and media pieces.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Strong attention to detail while being able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- Night and weekend work required, including working special events.
This is an unpaid position. Internships are eligible for college credit, as well as future placement in part-time and full-time positions with the CornBelters.
After you apply, someone within the organization will be reaching out to you to schedule a phone interview. If you have any questions please contact Gavin at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.