Manager, New Business Development - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Pirates Why
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Manager, New Business Development is responsible for identifying business opportunities, developing effective models and strategies to improve business performance, and searching for potential clients to generate revenue. The successful candidate will lead and manage a team of New Business Development Account Executives to achieve these goals.
As the Manager, New Business Development you will play an instrumental role in guiding the New Business department by driving revenue through full menu product sales (season ticket, group tickets, premium suite rentals and hospitality) to companies and individuals with a heavy concentration on season tickets and FSE sales.
- Oversee the development and revenue goals of New Business Development Account Executives, providing day-to-day management and growth through one-on-one coaching and training.
- Monitor, manage, and evaluate individual and team performance on an ongoing basis.
- Assist team in personal resources such as attending sales prospect meetings, pipeline management, etc.
- Create new business sales campaigns to strive to the overall goal of increasing our FSE season ticket holder base.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Ticket Sales & Service to develop strategic call campaigns, new sales packages, and opportunities for new sales.
- Develop and implement an engaging in-game sales strategy to generate new leads.
- Create and execute communication efforts in conjunction with marketing to all prospective leads.
- Manage FSE inventory in collaboration with the Ticket Office.
- Works with management staff to create sales contests to motivate entire sales staff to drive FSE/season sales.
- Work with the Manager, Season Ticket Service on the transition from new season accounts to the renewal universe.
- Create meaningful sales prospect events both on-site at PNC Park and off-site at different locations to develop relationships in surrounding Pittsburgh suburbs.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships team to enhance overall B2B strategy in the Pittsburgh market.
- Manage outbound sales call campaigns for new business categories through CRM tool and sales reports, tracking ROI and lead management.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Ticket Sales & Service.
- Proven track record of being a team leader in both work ethic and sales results.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.