Manager, Game Presentation - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
The Manager, Game Presentation leads a team dedicated to producing the most engaging and exciting game presentation in baseball. The person in this role will oversee the Pirate’s in-game presentation, ensuring that the team leverages innovative ways to engage fans in-park while also ensuring that marketing, sales and sponsorship initiatives are consistently executed.
- Direct and choreograph the entertainment programming for all 81 home games, including but not limited to - public address announcer(s), pregame ceremonies; in-game video and digital boards operation; animated features; in-game music
- Collaborate directly with key stakeholders in marketing, ticket sales, Pirates Charities, Community engagement and partnership activation for promotional in-game integration of club initiatives.
- Oversee the PNC Park control room team to execute all aspects game day production.
- Craft and create game-day scripts for every Pirates home game.
- Partner with the creative and content team to brief in and request the ideation and development of all video board elements, including player features, animations, etc.
- Oversee and manage the full-time and seasonal staff including training, scheduling payroll, gameday execution, and evaluations.
- Consult, choose and oversee the maintenance for the in-game entertainment equipment and capital and manage relationships with outside maintenance vendors.
- Work closely with ballpark operations department in the scheduling of all maintenance for the in-game equipment.
- Oversee group budget.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong management skills and the ability to oversee multiple departments and projects at one time.
- Works well in a collaborative group environment, be a flexible and reliable team player (both within own department and within company as a whole).
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects at once, be self-directed, work independently and handle creative direction/feedback.
- Demonstrated success in budget management and control.
- Superior organizational skills and be comfortable with Excel.
- Adapts to situational changes and schedule or accommodate changing needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive and supportive working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience working in game entertainment required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management or supervisory role in live entertainment production
- Minimum three (3) years working with Ross Xpression
- Knowledge of the Evertz Dreamcatcher system
- Previous experience with Daktronics
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience producing a show with multiple displays
- Able and willing to attend all games at PNC Park, as well as other events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays
- Baseball and sports experience preferred