Fellow, Amateur Scouting - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Player Operations: Player Personnel/Scout
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Pirates Why
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
Support, execute, and enhance Amateur Scouting Department processes in preparation for the Major League Baseball Draft while relentlessly pursuing personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Learn about, and support current evaluative methods and efforts employed by Amateur Scouting Department.
- Develop subjective scouting lens through in-person scouting opportunities, video scouting, and connection opportunities with members of our Amateur Scouting Department.
- Procure, catalog, and interpret key data inputs, including but not limited to game charting, swing/pitch data, Head & Heart assessments, video capture, and player profiles.
- Disseminate relevant industry news and information.
- Complete research-based studies that aim to advance department processes and creatively improve productivity by seeking out techniques and technologies to improve the evaluative process and create competitive advantages.
- Work with Assistant Director, Amateur Scouting Operations to assist in daily tasks in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Attend, and assist with the planning of department meetings throughout the scouting cycle.
- Collaboration opportunities with Baseball Operations Departments such as Informatics, Body Team, Major/Minor League Operations.