Director, Social Media & Content Strategy - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Marketing: Social Media
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Pirates Why
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
As a Director, Social Media & Content Strategy for the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club you will ignite passion, optimism, and energy while connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues. In this role, you will be a brand ambassador responsible for developing a Content & Social Media strategy.
This role will be an innovator who is responsible for inspiring and embracing a spirit of creativity, and adaptability. The Director, Social Media & Content Strategy will be challenged with curating a content calendar and distribution plan for all unique Pittsburgh Pirates content with the goal of driving engagement and conversions to sales. This position is also charged with managing all Pirates social outlets and leading a talented social team including the Manager and Coordinator of social media to ensure Pittsburgh Pirates brand consistency and a unified voice that is aligned across all platforms.
- Build an effective content and social media strategy to engage our audience, increase traffic and boost conversions to drive business goals.
- Lead end-to-end content strategy development, building and optimizing multi-channel initiatives
- Build, manage and execute the Pirates year-long social, digital and editorial strategy across the full ecosystem of current platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Pirates App, Young Buc accounts and Pirates.com.
- Drive Pirates brand campaign and narrative across all platforms, including delivery of social playbook to establish overall social voice and brand behavior along with content strategy for storytelling across the team, city, and fans.
- Direct live coverage of all Pirates games, batting practices, and all other events related to the business across 162 games, full practice schedule and season-long events calendar including any postseason or organizational events.
- Create content strategy deliverables and calendars across a project life cycle on an ongoing basis and across different platforms and content types (Long-form, short-form, audio-only, graphics, etc.).
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to maximize platform best practices
- Ensure quality of voice, tone, core messages, and CTAs
- Review and provide content feedback driven by metrics to continue improving content strategy
- Collaborate with business leaders across the organization to identify and purposely create revenue-enhancing content across partnerships, ticketing, merchandise, and community efforts.