Director, Security Operations - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Director of Security Operations is responsible for developing and executing the Pirates’ strategy for providing a safe and secure environment for all guests, employees, players, concessionaires, media, vendors and other attendees at PNC Park. This includes the management of day-to-day security and safety operations, the coordination of the transportation and parking, the planning and execution of emergency response and establishing and maintaining relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. The Director of Security Operations will be a caretaker of the Pirates North Star and Compass and will be proactive in seeking out ways to exemplify them in his/her day-to-day work.
- Lead 24-Hour Security and direct Event Security operations to ensure the protection of PNC Park, the team, and all persons attending ballpark functions.
- Direct PNC Park risk assessment, third-party risk assessments, and the ongoing refinement and execution of Threat Response Protocols, Emergency Response, and Business Continuity Plans.
- Develop and execute recruitment and training programs for Event Day Security operations, responsible for the hiring, onboarding, day-to-day management of Event Day Security officers.
- Provide oversight and leadership for the development and execution of recruitment and training programs for 24-Hour Security operations.
- Liaison with law enforcement and public safety representatives, including local, state, and federal levels to maintain and enhance relationships with public and private sector representatives ensuring best practices programs for safety, security, and transportation, including but not limited to, MLB’s assigned Resident Security Agent (RSA), City and County Police, EMS, River Rescue, ALCO Parking, City Planning, U.S. Department of Homeland Security-Protective Security Advisor, Federal Bureau of Investigations-Joint Terrorism Task Force and Pennsylvania Office of Homeland Security.
- Oversight of the MLB Best Stadium Operating Practices (BSOP) and changes issued to the BSOP by MLB and ensure PNC Park security operations integrate the requirements therein.
- Develop and implement traveling security in accordance with MLB’s Best Stadium Operating Practices (BSOP) for the Club, including but not limited to, Spring Training, regular season, and any post-season play to assist with the security of players, coaches, staff, and families in the hotel, travel to and from the ballpark and while at the ballpark.
- Advise Team Ownership and Executive Management Team on strategic security issues, including but not limited to, SAFETY Act-related initiatives and maintaining best practice standards.
- Responsibility for taking a primary role in security-related investigations as assigned, including but not limited to, interviewing of witnesses, reviewing of video and other evidence and creation of investigatory file and recommendations.
- Work closely with various personnel, including but not limited to Baseball Operations coaches, players and families on any security- and traffic-related items.
- Oversee the management of PNC Park security management systems, including card access, CCTV, key watch system and keying/lock schedule.
- Manage transportation and parking matters at, in and around PNC Park, which includes working closely with traffic consultants to manage the Traffic Management Plan.
- Develop and implement training materials, including but not limited to, tabletop exercises and full-scale exercises regarding Pirates and MLB Security Policies and Operations issues for PNC Park.
- Develop, implement and maintain the PNC Park Security Manual, a series of policies and procedures that establish the security protocols for the safety and security of the PNC Park, including post orders, dot maps, etc.
- Prepare and manage an annual operating budget for security operations (i.e., 24-Hour and Event Day Security).
- Oversight of all program testing, including but not limited to, Perimeter Hardening Program and Red Team Penetration Testing.
- Coordinate security efforts for all dignitaries attending events.
- All other duties as assigned by the VP, PNC Park Operations.
- Prepare daily security reports for the VP, PNC Park Operations.
- Assist guests with comments, complaints and suggestions to related responsibilities including gate policies, MLB Policies, security issues, and Guest Service issues.
- Assist Club’s Legal and HR Departments with investigations, as necessary.
- Maintain keying inventory for PNC Park.
- Facilitate all pre-game and event checklists for the ballpark.