Director, Human Resources - Pittsburgh Pirates (Pittsburgh · PA)
Pittsburgh Pirates jobs
Sports Jobs in Pittsburgh · PA
Human Resources: Human Resources Generalist
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Pirates Why
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
- purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
- deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
- passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
- meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for strategic human resource planning, employee retention, employee relations, government reporting, and oversight of all internal policies and regulations. This role will also be responsible for oversight of HR analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships and delivering integrated and inclusive HR leadership in areas such as DE&I and Culture, Benefits & Wellness, Regulatory Compliance, Workers Compensation, Employee Relations, HR Reporting, Internal Communications, and Functional HR Integration. This position will support the VP of People and Strategy and Director, Talent Management to drive new behaviors and programs, which will support us as we continue to grow and scale. As Director, Human Resources, our Business-Integrated People & Strategy approach will help us drive business decisions through People, Operational Efficiencies, and Data & Insights.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to: employee life-cycle, compensation, health and wellness, benefits, leave administration, records management, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, safety and health, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Develops the strategy and executes plans to create an effective, lean, and efficient HR operational environment through enhanced systems, processes, key data and analytics, and vendor partners in support of business and HR functional requirements.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the human resource information system (HRIS).
- Designs and implements a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g., benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.
- Monitors and ensures knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Oversees the management of health and wellness programs, including health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, disability, and retirement.
- Partners with hiring managers to prepare detailed job descriptions.
- In partnership with the Legal Department, oversees worker’s compensation insurance administration.
- Maintains Employee Handbook and updates, as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by Vice President, People & Strategy.