The Missoula PaddleHeads, under the umbrella of Big Sky Professional Baseball, LLC., has a vision to grow our brand to achieve our mission: create a delightful customer experience that brings fans back time and time again, deepen our value to the community so we can harness our loyalty for public good, and stand as a centerpiece for everything baseball for our good neighbors in Western Montana.
The Director of Marketing and Public Relations will drive our brand strategy, manage the execution of our brand loyalty initiatives and measure performance and engagement to ensure the vision and brand awareness creates this new reality. The successful candidate will be an experienced marketing leader with opportunistic mindset who has a desire to be part of a dynamic leadership team, has an interest in professional sports and has previous experience building marketing initiatives with substantiated return on investments.
This is a full-time role at the home office in Missoula, but also requires someone who is able to contribute to the operational components at the ballpark when we’re in the active baseball season and contributes to the revenue goals through a sales portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Create and execute growth market strategies to drive brand awareness, communicate community value and drive consumer buying behavior through the implementation and measurement of a year-round marketing campaign that leverages digital and traditional media platforms to engage sports fans, entertainment enthusiasts, and the community at large:
- Manage PaddleHeads’ Social Media accounts to be best-in-class, including: post scheduling, creation of engaging organic content and targeted paid ads to drive fan engagement.
- Manage the PaddleHeads’ Newsletter (MailChimp) and its audience of 10,000 subscribers – through consistent updates, a defined strategy, and management of campaigns to segmented audiences.
- Drive the PaddleHeads’ traditional marketing strategy and relationship with local media partners (TV, radio, print, etc.): budget, schedule, write copy/create content to develop the highest impact advertisements.
- Manage and evolve gopaddleheads.com through consistent content updates, webpage page creation, optimization of SEO.
- Develop and manage co-marketing strategies with influential Missoula businesses, influencers to generate community wide brand loyalty.
- Through hands-on efforts, develop internal and external marketing pieces using Adobe Suite and partner with external marketing resource, when appropriate.
- Alongside the Accounting Manager, develop and manage the entire marketing budget.
- Manage, curate, and organize all PaddleHeads’ creative content including photos and videos
Strengthen brand awareness through the role of brand gatekeeper with key internal stakeholders to drive revenue through the execution of each department’s strategies and campaigns using various marketing platforms:
- Support Retail to maintain PaddleHeads Post as a staple of downtown Missoula and market leader for online retail sales.
- Partner with the Sales Department to execute their selling strategy through marketing efforts that drive ticket sales, sponsorships and vendor partnerships, sponsorship activation, and measurement via POP data.
- Partner with the Ticketing Manager to execute campaigns that drive individual, group, and package ticket sales.
- Partner with Stadium Operations on signage and branding that makes the ballpark intuitive and enjoyable to navigate.
- Partner with Community Engagement to highlight the community value of the Missoula PaddleHeads brand for issue awareness, fundraising and community engagement for the underserved population and youth.
- Own the collection, input, and reporting of data from the PaddleHeads Google Analytics, Keyword Research, CRM, Ticketing System, Shopify, Facebook Pixels, UTM Code generation/execution, and other outlets, to all departments to arm directors with the tools needed to make educated, profitable decisions.
Manages intern(s) during to develop the fan-facing production content:
- Partner with Entertainment and Promotions on in-stadium marketing, player content development and graphic entertainment content (including; videoboard messaging, script efficiency, and general in-stadium messaging/branding/signage), leveraging promotions as a marketing tool and supports the execution of all PaddleHeads’ productions marketing plans
- Work alongside the PaddleHeads’ broadcaster to ensure timely/effective use of airtime, leveraging PaddleHeads’ broadcasts as a marketing medium
Manages Public Relations and develops relationships with media and the community to present our brand that reflects the franchise’s core values:
- Along side the VP, develop, own, and manage relationships and partnerships with all local media outlets.
- Manage the team’s media distribution list and produce frequent press releases updating the local, regional and national media on the “what’s happening” around the franchise.
Manages an individual sales portfolio and cultivates relationships through a value-added sales cycle, to include sponsorship and events development, execution of those commitments and relationship management to maintain those partnerships for years to come.
If you are innately someone who creates success, understands your strengths, takes opportunistic creative risks, makes balanced business decisions, excels in a collaborative environment and thrives when transparency and self-responsibility defines the working culture, then we’d like to encourage you to apply to this role
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.