The Game Day Internship Program is designed for local college students to explore careers in the sport industry while getting hands-on experience working in Professional Baseball. The game day internship program, will expose students to numerous game day roles and will allow students to learn from and work alongside our front office staff members. By experiencing multiple departments, the Program is designed to assist students in choosing which specific direction in which they may be interested.
The program will begin in late April for orientation and will conclude in September. Interns are expected to be present for all games they are scheduled for and will be paid minimum wage and we will work with you to receive school credit as needed. Although interns will not be scheduled to work 100% of the games, we are looking for qualified candidates that have open availability. We acknowledge that most colleges and universities do not end the school semester until May. The Program is able to work with individuals that are still attending classes at that time.
Game day report time is approximately 2 hours prior to first pitch (5:00PM for a standard 7:05PM game), and will be dismissed shortly after the game ends when all responsibilities are finished.
Game Day Interns are able to earn college credit.
- Assist in general game day setup including; giveaways, programs and sponsor tables
- Handle customer service inquires at front desk
- Mobile Ticket Ambassador
- Assist promo crew with on-field entertainment and escorting mascots
- Concierge for high profile clients, and unique ballpark experiences
- Manage a food & beverage portable stand
- Assist the catering department with suites and hospitality areas
- Sell merchandise throughout ballpark
- Assist promo crew in handing out giveaways and exit distributions
- Opportunity to volunteer for special projects (Baseball camps, ballpark events, etc.)
- Other responsibilities related to game day operations as assigned by Front Office members
Students participating in the Program will be exposed to a professional working experience and will gain valuable information in the following categories:
- Hands-on sales experience
- The Importance of event logistics and timing
- Executing marketing promotions
- Providing customer Service & problem solving
- Working as a team to reach a goal
- Networking with professional staff
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT LOCAL STUDENTS FOR THIS PROGRAM. YOU MUST BE IN A COLLEGE PROGRAM AND BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2021. NO CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.