Site Director – Part-Time/Seasonal - Starting at $17/hr
At Perfect Game Midwest our mission is Quality, Impact and Community. Our commitment to quality impacts our game and brings communities together. To do this, we put an emphasis on each event to be about the players.
Many of our tournaments incorporate a great amount of fun for the players with events like the Hawaiian Hitfest, Cowtown Showdown, and the Monster Bash with great activities. Our goals are also achieved by providing an organized event that is well run, with quality people operating it, and a level of fair and balanced competition.
To do this, we want to use facilitators that are highly motivated, with some organizational skills, but truly believe in the over-riding philosophy that we are doing this for the kids.
As the Site Director you will walk the facility and check all aspects to ensure playability including fields, scoreboards, entrance gates, etc. Our Site Director’s are the face of the company, so they go out of their way to say help to people and make sure the teams know that we appreciate them being there. You will handle all aspects of check-ins, keeping brackets updated and current to make sure our teams are getting up-to-date information.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Facilitating the tournament
- Facility check: fields (bases and mounds), scoreboards and entrance gates
- Communicating with the UIC
- Communicating with the grounds crew
- Score reporting
- Conflict resolution
- Knowledge of baseball/softball
- Friendly, outgoing and personable
- Reliable and punctual: arrive at the ballpark no later than two hours prior to the first game scheduled start time
- Act respectful and professionally
- Ability to withstand the outdoor elements from spring, summer and fall; including rain or extreme heat
- Ability to work weekends
- Must complete a successful background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.