Scorekeeper – Part-Time/Seasonal - $12/hour
Perfect Game Midwest is in need of Scorekeeperss for the 2022 Spring, Summer and Fall seasons. This is a great part-time job for those who love softball/baseball! What’s better than spending the summer hanging out at the ballpark?
Who we are:
At Perfect Game Midwest our mission is Quality, Impact and Community. Our commitment to quality impacts our game and brings communities together. To do this, we put an emphasis on each event to be about the players.
Many of our tournaments incorporate a great amount of fun for the players with events like the Hawaiian Hitfest, Cowtown Showdown, and the Monster Bash with great activities. Our goals are also achieved by providing an organized event that is well run, with quality people operating it, and a level of fair and balanced competition.
The Scorekeeper is an integral part of our Game Day Team! As a Scorekeeper, you are detailed and accurate, you pay attention to get correct and accurate information to keep proper score of the game. You will sit behind home plate with a radar gun and an iPad recording real time game plays and scorekeeping.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the position is to score/complete each game using our DiamondKast software. This includes scoring every play of the game and getting every substitution change and pitch recorded. This also includes taking ample scouting notes on the players and recording each pitch type and velocity. These tasks are completed using the DiamondKast application on a provided iPad.
- The other main responsibility of this position is to make sure everything runs smoothly at the field to which you are assigned. In most cases, the scout/field manager will be the only person present from Perfect Game. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, confirming the field is ready for play (most fields will have a grounds crew present to prep the field), confirm umpires are on the property prior to games and on field prior to the start time, confirm both teams are present and ready to start play at the official start time, and to make sure all games start on time.
- All scorekeepers are to present themselves in a professional manner with teams, parents, players, scouts, college coaches, umpires, field crews, etc. You are representing Perfect Game at these events and there will be no exceptions.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable
- Knowledge of baseball/softball
- Reliable and punctual: arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the first game scheduled start time
- Dress properly – wear your DiamondKast shirt, no sandals, backwards hats or cutoffs
- Act respectful and professionally
- Ability to withstand the outdoor elements for spring, summer and fall; including rain or extreme heat
- Ability to work weekends
- Must complete a successful background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.