- The primary responsibility of the position is to score/complete each game using our DiamondKast software. This includes scoring every play of the game and getting every substitution change and pitch recorded. This also includes taking ample scouting notes on the players and recording each pitch type and velocity. These tasks are completed using the DiamondKast application on a provided iPad.
- The other main responsibility of this position is to make sure everything runs smoothly at the field to which you are assigned. In most cases, the scout/field manager will be the only person present from Perfect Game. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, confirming the field is ready for play (most fields will have a grounds crew present to prep the field), confirm umpires are on the property prior to games and on field prior to the start time, confirm both teams are present and ready to start play at the official start time, and to make sure all games start on time.
- All scout/field managers are to present themselves in a professional manner with teams, parents, players, scouts, college coaches, umpires, field crews, etc. You are representing Perfect Game at these events and there will be no exceptions.
- Experience in scouting and scorekeeping preferred. Playing/coaching experience preferred.
- Baseball Knowledge
- The first step is the initial interview which will be conducted by one of the Staffing Directors or Tournament Directors over the phone.
Perfect Game will cover:
- Per game compensation (three to five games per day)
- $25 per game completed (games are not guaranteed due to weather, forfeits, etc.)
- Non Reimbursement Position
- Internship credit for schools
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.