GENERAL SUMMARY: The Global Awards Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day aspects of Global Awards to include preplanning, forecasting, design, production, order fulfillment and shipping. The coordinator will be responsible for engraving a variety of pre-manufactured and unique customer items, ensuring quality production standards with each piece. Time will also be spent assembling trophies and awards, requiring a focus on a consistent standard with each piece. In addition to this you will be responsible for proofreading and providing design feedback on layouts for customer projects. Other days will be spent on the operations side of business with logistics, forecasting, and inventory management.
The Global Awards Coordinator will work hand in hand with the Operations, Tournament, PG Midwest and Showcase departments to meet all timelines and fulfill needs as they arise.
· 4-year degree
· Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· General knowledge of baseball, softball and the sports industry
· Proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Office
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and CorelDRAW (preferred)
· Proficiency in inventory systems, Wasp Asset Cloud (preferred)
· Assist with the day-to-day operations pertinent to running successful events.
· Order fulfillment via Shopify/globalawards.us
· Daily communication with event staff to ensure all needs are met.
- Safe and accurate use of laser engravers, UV equipment, banner machines, sublimation materials, metal sheers, and assorted fabrication tools.
- Use of CorelDRAW to create and utilize layouts to create individualized and design-oriented pieces that capture ideas and vision for awards or engraving.
- Maintain and ensure operation and cleanliness of shop equipment through regular maintenance and spot cleaning after use.
- Maintain and ensure cleanliness of shop production areas. Ensure personal areas are tidy and organized and that peers can easily navigate project space to complete jobs simultaneously.
- Demonstrate open and honest communication with any concerns about a project, project delays, or possible errors.
- Assist in completion of the annual Baseball Distribution and Event Equipment plans.
- Coordinate and schedule shipments for incoming/outgoing orders.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
Additional Responsibilities/Preferred Skills:
- General design familiarity: CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe
- Software familiarity: Wasp Asset Cloud, Smartsheet, QuickBooks, Slack, Shopify
- Design eye with an understanding of what looks good/how text and logos/images work together best
- Openness to try new techniques
- Time management/task prioritization
- Baseball knowledge/background (not needed but preferred)
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. Full-time positions are eligible for benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance, FSA and 401k).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.