2022 Spring Finance Intern
The PG Midwest Story
Perfect Game Midwest, based in the Kansas City Metro area serves a 14-state region (KS, MO, OK, AR, IA, IL, NE, KY, MN, WI, ND, SD, WY, CO) as well as supporting other facets of Perfect Game and Perfect Game Softball across the country — continuing to provide even more opportunities for Student-athletes to play the game they love, achieve their goals, and have fun along the way.
Our team is a fun-loving, energized, and dynamic group with one core focus: lead the world in changing lives through the power of sports. We are committed to providing an expanded schedule of quality events that provide an unparalleled platform for our student-athletes and impacts everyone that comes through our gates. Through our impact, we will build a community that is centered on the student-athlete, gives back generously to local communities, and stays focused on growing the game we love.
Perfect Game Midwest is looking for a purpose driven individual with a genuine interest in learning about the industry. The Finance Intern will assist with the execution of the gate processing, making budget forecasts, and closing out the events from an accounting perspective. The right candidate must be a trustworthy and passionate team player. This person must also have a love for the game and the athletes, families, and coaches we serve.
- Closing out events
- Making budget forecasts for events/projects
- Managing the gate process
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and self-motivating
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting
- Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Paid Internship
- Approximately 600 hours
- 40 Hour work week -- flexible based on needs
- Weekend shifts required
- Meets college internship requirements
- Comfortable work attire
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Opportunities to explore other departments
- Professional development workshops
- Guest speaker sessions
- Real work experience… that’s right, you’re not making the coffee runs!
- Outings to other businesses in the area -- aka Field Trips!
- Opportunity to join the PG Midwest family
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Core Focus
Lead the world in changing lives through the power of sports
Purpose Driven: The unspoken will and desire to lead, achieve, and grow the game
Passionate Team Player: Our love for the game is only exceeded by our love for our athletes, families, coaches, and teammates
Trustworthy: Be genuine, accountable, and consistent