R you the life of the party? An energetic, athletic performer who lives to put on a show? The Tacoma Rainiers' first class game entertainment team is looking for special people like you to help us rock Cheney Stadium all spring and summer long.
Job Description: A mascot performer and handler must be an outgoing individual who works well with others and can engage with fans of all ages. They must be in strong physical condition to wear a heavy costume, endure high temperatures and stand, walk, run or dance for extended periods of time. Tacoma Rainiers mascots must be able to read individuals’ social cues to understand the level of interaction each fan may want. Ideal applicants for this position should have a creative, energetic, and outgoing personality with the ability to motivate others and have a passion for having fun.
This position may include opportunities in the following areas:
Represent the Tacoma Rainiers at home games & at a wide range of events throughout the Puget Sound area
- Meet and greet fans prior to, during, and after events
- Perform duties in a respectful manner deemed acceptable according to the team standards.
- Be able to handle the mascot in an outgoing, welcoming and attentive manner.
- Excellent body control with stamina to endure heat and physical exertion
- Vibrant personality with a knack for entertaining
- Candidates must be able to lift/move weights of 50 lbs.
- Available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Take and follow direction from Game Entertainment Coordinator
- Collaborate with team Fun Squad
- Punctuality is mandatory
- Maintain costume cleanliness and well-being
- Performance/dance/acting background a plus, but not required
- Previous mascot experience a plus, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.