More Information Less Information
Group Event Coordinator - The Baseball Club of Tacoma (Tacoma · WA)
The Baseball Club of Tacoma jobs
Sports Jobs in Tacoma · WA
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
GROUP SALES COORDINATOR – TACOMA RAINIERS
The sports industry is sexy and you want in. So does everyone else.
You want to work in sports but do you have what it takes to be great? Do you want to learn from the best and become the best?
Seriously. Nobody ever became sexy by sitting around, being lazy and waiting on the phone to ring. From the athlete to the front office, the glamour surrounding this industry was created by dedication, hard work, sweat, integrity and a competitive desire to be the absolute best. So, if you are not motivated, if you do not want to dominate, if you do not want to change the landscape of the sports industry, stop reading this and apply elsewhere.
If you are still reading you can probably tell we are not the average sports business organization you studied about in your sport management classes. You are right. And you probably believe as we do that being average is failure. This means you ‘get it’ and we want you to be on our team.
So who is We R Tacoma, you are probably asking, and what makes them so great? Good question.
We R Tacoma, home of the Tacoma Rainiers and Defiance FC are an incredibly hard working and creative staff led by team President, Aaron Artman.
With a new ballpark, a new soccer team, and aggressive ownership group, the We R Tacoma team looks to continue their winning ways.
And this is where you come in.
- Hard Working
- Driven to be the Best
Sound too simple? Nope. You would be surprised at how many are satisfied with mediocrity and don’t care to be the best. You would be surprised at how many don’t want to learn how to be successful. You would be surprised at how many will give up on their dreams because they are afraid to work hard.
Again, do you have what it takes?
If so, we want you on board. You will report to the Vice President of Ticket Sales and the Director of Group Sales/Event Marketing and you will work closely with:
- Ticket Operations
- Game Entertainment
Some of you still may think the job requirements are too vague but if you already have the required attributes, you probably have the following:
- College Degree
- Ability to meet aggressive sales goals and expectations each year
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage and execute numerous tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Ability to speak and interact confidently with high level prospects
- Strong writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs of Word and Excel
Let me continue to paint the picture about what you will be doing.
Big Picture: You will sell all types of group outings, a lot of them.
How? You will be equipped with the best sales training in sports and will run your own business. You will be interacting with group leaders, company planners, civic organizations and the such, small to large and providing solutions to their specific needs.
- Responsible for selling group packages.
- Responsible for servicing sales accounts by providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Responsible for generating and developing new business through leads lists, name collection activities, cold calls, networking events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Maintain a high standard of integrity during the sales and service process with each customer.
- Attend team and community events for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities.
- Keep accurate sales files, customer service files, call reports, appointment schedule reports, prospects reports, etc. Maintain weekly communication on all activity reports.
- Follows and ensures implementation of all team sales programs.
- Assist with the development of team sales databases.
- Assist with sales campaigns.
- Works with Event Services to implement sales themes, promotions and events.
- Network within the local business area to acquire new business.
- Responsible for in-stadium activities relating to the function of ticket sales (ie. sales table, promotions, name generation opportunities, meet and greets, etc).
- Responsible for renewing established accounts from year to year.
Hours of Work: This position will have game day responsibilities. Typical hours of non-game day work will be 8 AM – 5 PM (and beyond). Estimated game day hours will be 9 AM – 10 PM.
- Full time salary position. Pay scale based on experience.
- Commission/bonus based on new sales, team sales goals and renewals
- Health insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid vacation days
Can’t wait to get started? Are you ready to take the step that will catapult your sports career? Does the idea of being great excite you? Then hurry up and send us your resume. We want you on board.