The Tacoma Rainiers, the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, are seeking qualified individuals to fill the grounds crew positions for the 2018 season. These positions are seasonal, and are paid at the minimum wage rate. The position will report directly to the Head Groundskeeper and assist on game day and non-game day events, including Triple-A Rainiers games along with USL Division 2 S2 games. This is a great opportunity to further your sports turf management career or just get your foot in the door if this is an industry that interests you. You will work alongside the Head Groundskeeper and crew as well as get to know others in the front office.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in all clay, infield skin, and warning track maintenance
· Assist in flipping the baseball field to a soccer playing surface for S2 games
· Operate equipment for all other cultural practices such as aerating, topdressing, sweeping, sodding, mowing, and watering.
· Irrigation maintenance
· Assist with tarp pulls and tarp removals
· Setting up for Batting Practice as well as other in stadium events
· Learn to recognize and diagnose pests and diseases in this climate
· Watch and take part in the minor league baseball experience
Top candidates will be enrolled in a turf management or sports management program, or have interest in doing so. However, this education is not required. Simply must have a hard work ethic and personal drive to succeed. Looking for quick learners who express interest in sports and are eager to learn as well as have a good time. Previous experience is not required but a bonus. Being able to lift up to 50 lbs and work long and sporadic hours is a must. Having a good attitude and desire to learn are also important!
Send or email resume and references to: Michael Huie
Tacoma Rainiers Head Groundskeeper 2502 S Tyler ST Tacoma, WA 98405 mhuie@weRtacoma.com