- Prepares all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
- Always uses the entire time cycle on the fryers/grill.
- Proper maintenance, filtering and usage of the fryers/grill.
- Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing the standard recipes Cuts and/or portions meat, fish and poultry.
- Uses scale to ensure proper portioning of food items and minimize waste of products.
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains walk-in refrigerator, cooler drawers, prep and dry storage.
- Maintains work area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Proven experience as a prep cook.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Manual dexterity able to operate kitchen tools and utensils.
- A team player with extremely good communication skills.
- Patient with the ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Training from a culinary school is a plus.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with, and experience using common kitchen equipment such as; Flat top grill, char broiler, fryers, steamer, convection oven, etc.
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.