Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President, Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Act as a strategic business partner to Senior Team. Manage employee relations issues and investigations that might arise. Coach leaders in their management skills, approach and addressing employee performance concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Handle all employee relations issues and matters. Investigate all complaints, sexual harassment, discrimination, policy violations, and any other inappropriate conduct.
· Manage and oversee annual review process with management team. Coach Managers on preparing and delivering reviews. Ensure consistency throughout organization.
· Manages and coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance management, safety and sexual harassment.
· Advises and coach managers in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Conduct job fairs and oversee recruiting for seasonal workforce of 600 employees.
· Manage and facilitate onboarding process for all newly hired employees and continued follow up through 30-60-90 reviews for fulltime staff.
· Manage discipline and termination process to ensure consistency.
· Ensure compliance of all HR legal policies and procedures.
· Conduct quarterly exempt / non-exempt analyses.
· Attend legal seminars to stay current on labor law changes and/or updates to labor laws.
· Prepare supporting documents and attend all unemployment hearings and handle any requests from the EDD or any other agency.
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews.
· Oversee and maintain personnel files, I-9 and EEO.
· Consults with legal counsel on complex employee relations matters.
· Manage disability and workers compensation claims.
· Manage benefits annual enrollment process including COBRA administration.
· Oversees the recruitment, interviews and selection of candidates for vacant positions.
· Manage and oversee IIPP and Safety program, to ensure compliance with ERP and all other safety matters. Manages and oversees Safety Committee meetings.
· Provides management direction and counseling to all staff.
· Hire and manage a recruiter; manage and direct HR coordinator and part time human resources support staff.
· Complete monthly updates with the ticket sales team on employee’s sales team performance.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· College degree and/or previous HR experience a must.
· Preferred retail, sports or other high volume employee cycle experience
· PHR/SPHR desired.
· Previous experience handling a variety of employee Relations matters, investigations & harassment.
· Must have excellent communication skills, organization and time management.
· Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
· Sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize a must.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.