Don’t listen to what everybody is telling you.
We were all told that if we wanted to get our foot in the door, sales is the way to go. Nope. Selling is the way to go for salespeople. Media is the way to go for media people. Marketing is the way to go for marketing people. Make sense?
This isn’t the job for someone who simply wants to be in sports. This is the job for the person who is driven to be the best, wants to learn how to be great and wants to be the next president of a team.
Under the ownership of the Savage family, the Sacramento River Cats (Triple-A, San Francisco Giants) have dominated the landscape of Minor League Baseball since their inception in 2000. Not only are the River Cats at the top off the attendance race every year, they are coming off of an unprecedented 6th consecutive PCL Division Title and boast 2 back-to-back PCL Championships (2003-2004, 2007-2008).
And this is where you come in.
Despite the accolades, we want more. And we need people who understand what it takes to be awesome and are willing to do whatever it takes.
If that’s you, the following will probably describe you perfectly.
- Hard Working
- Driven to be the Best
- A fun and outgoing personality
Big Picture: A Group Events Account Executive will be equipped with the best sales training in sports and will run his/her own business. You will be calling on and meeting with and non-profit organizations including, but not limited to, schools, youth sports leagues, and local associations while working with our existing sales team to fulfill its goals of maximizing ticket sales revenue and providing solutions to our customers. The solution will be season tickets, group tickets, hospitality options and more. Who can say no to that?
Here’s what you’ll be doing, and more…
· Responsible for sales of Sacramento River Cats and Raley Field ticket inventory, including but not limited to non-business group outings, Theme Nights, Nightly Hospitality Areas.
· Work with the sales staff to generate new leads and research new and creative ways to sell tickets.
· Provide excellent customer service to all existing and potential clientele.
· Leadership and oversight of in-game group events.
· Professionally represent the organization at business and community functions.
· Work as a member of the TEAM, and Have Fun!
Required skills that you probably already have:
- Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Ticketmaster are crucial for this position. The ticketing system can be learned during training by the candidate.
- Sales experience is required. Strong background in customer service is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Can’t wait to get started? Are you ready to take the step that will catapult your sports career? Does the idea of being great excite you?
Then hurry up and send us your resume. We want you on board.