SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing quick and efficient service to customers and a variety of duties relating to cafeteria-style service including cold food preparation, stocking counters and steam table, and maintaining sanitation standards.
- Check and stock supplies in counter area, display refrigerators, salad bar, and steam table neatly, accurately, and in a timely fashion as per menu.
- Inform kitchen staff in a timely manner when food quantities are low or special requests.
- Display food under appropriate hot or cold conditions as per standards.
- Complete cold food preparation assignment neatly, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain appropriate portion control and merchandising standards to include food handling.
- Keep display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service, as assigned.
- Clean tables, chairs, equipment and utensils.
- Keep counter and floor in work or service area clean and free of debris.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of department policies and procedures.
- Relay relevant comments received from customers directly to supervisor.
- Comply with sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen and/or dining areas.
- Serve hot and cold drinks.
- Pick up food items from serving bar or storage area. Check orders to ensure that guest is receiving a complete and correct order.
- Collect payment from guest and makes change.
- Conform to the regulations of the alcohol beverage authority
- Comply with all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- TIPS or TEAM trained or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and have the ability to bend and lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Must be able to work in extremes of cold to heat.
- Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
The Sacramento River Cats are an equal opportunity employer.