The River Cats are looking for outgoing, energetic, driven individuals to become part of the promotions Cat Crew for the 2018 baseball season. This position is a part-time/seasonal position that starts in mid-March and continues through the conclusion of the season in September. The Cat Crew will interact regularly with fans, sponsors, and River Cats/Raley Field staff members both during games and events in the community. Candidates should be enthusiastic with a desire to put on a night of entertainment and memories for River Cats fans.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but is not limited to:
· Assist with the set-up, execution, and break-down of game-day events and/or promotions.
· Preparation for daily promotional activities (i.e., on-field games/activities, pre-game giveaways, upkeep of promotional items/equipment).
· Effectively carry out in-game promotions (assist in selection of contestants, handing out prizes).
· Assisting in off-site community events with River Cat mascot, Dinger if needed.
· Occasionally perform as characters at games and events.
· Effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the River Cats Foundations charitable endeavors.
· Attend home games and sell 50/50 raffle tickets to guests attending games at Raley Field.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be a team player and possess strong teamwork skills.
· Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and problem-solving capabilities.
· Strong communication.
· Must enjoy working with people, have the ability to work in front of large crowds, and have a high-energy personality.
· Able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
· Must be punctual.
· Must have reliable transportation as well as a valid driver’s license.
· Some physical demands are involved such as moving boxes, climbing stairs, and setting up tables and lifting up to 25lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.